flower backgroud

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Take time... to share the gospel

Take time..
To enjoy
the simple things
in life! 
Don't ever 
let a good 
moment 
pass
you
by!


Especially....
A missionary Moment!!




This is Leanne and I :) We have an awesome story together oh how we met. I was with a bunch of EFY counselors (Especially For Youth) this summer were up in Canada road tripping. We were by Waterton and stopped to take pictures. So I asked Leanne if she would mind taking our picture. She happily said that she would lOVE to! She then asked us if she could take some pictures on her Camera. Then she ended up doing pretty much an entire photo shoot for us. She kept saying that there was something different about all of us, and she loved that we were all so happy and shining. She just kept complimenting us and fell in love with all of us. We then exchanged contact information. Then Shane went up to her and said, " You wanna know why we are so happy?" This is why...and he handed her a Book of Mormon. She was So happy to get this gift and was anxious to read it. Leanne and I have kept in contact ever since. She had always said that she wanted to come to Arizona, but i have never thought in my wildest dreams that she would actually make it down here and come to see me. It was always a hope. However the other day she text me and asked me how far away I was from Phoenix. I told her about an hour. Then she asked me if I had ever gone hiking in Sedona. I responded and told her that I had gone and that I have wanted to go this fall but had never found the time to go. She said how about this Saturday?? I was in shock! I said," WHAT?!? are you kidding me!?! I would LOVE to go. So then on Saturday morning I drove up to phoenix and then she treated me to a wonderful breakfast at Coco's and then we were off. We drove and drove and stopped and took pictures here and there. Sedona and up north is ABSOLUTELY beautiful! I loved it! It was so neat to catch up with her and kinda tell each other "our life stories". I was able to learn more about her and her background/ life it was really neat. We talked about the gospel and I explained to her the background of our Church and how it was restored to this earth again by the prophet Joesph Smith. She said that she got all warm and fuzzy inside when she heard me talking about the church and what I believed :) I explained to her that, that was the spirit. We loved enjoying each others company. It was FREEZING so we stopped and got some matching socks :) 



Then Leanne and I hiked West Fork. I have to say first off that Leanne is one of THE most Friendliest people I have EVER met! she was talking to everyone that she saw. We met quite a few friends on the trails that she took pictures with :) It is so much fun to be around her. She is a little ball of energy and sunshine! I love her so much! She is such a good example of Charity. She is always wanting to give give give. She is so selfless and always thinking of others before herself. 
After we went hiking we then left when it was getting dark and we headed out to eat some dinn dinn. So we stopped at Taco del Mar and had some yummy mexican food :) Then we headed up to Flagstaff. We finally made it and stayed with Jerah and Randon. It was SO good to see both of them and to catch up. We stayed up talking while leanne was passed out tired on the Couch. Then Jerah and I made some Hot Chocolate and then went outside in the POURING RAIN!! 
We stayed up talking forever just like we always had at sleep overs :) 
Then the next morning I asked Leanne if she wanted to come to Church with me and she said, " OF course". Boy I was Happy!!
So we ate some breakfast and said our goodbyes to Jerah and Randon.
Leanne wanted a picture of Jerahs cute flower that she made :) 
So after we said our Goodbyes we headed to Church. We made it to Flagstaffs first ward. The meeting was really good I loved it! The speakers spoke on Trials and then the second speaker spoke on The plan of Happiness! The spirit was So strong the entire meeting and Leanne absolutely LOVED being there. I cant tell you how many times she thanked me for letting her come to Church with me. Then we hit the road and headed back to phoenix where we met my mom and little sister Courtney. They both wanted to meet Leanne. 
*****
I am thankful for Sundays! 


Courtney my mom and me :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment