flower backgroud

Monday, August 30, 2010

Sundays are the best!!


Have I told you that I LOVE sundays? Well I do :) Its a day to forget about the worries of the world and just focus on the savior and spending time with the family! 
so anyways today was fun! I went to Caleb Allred's Farewell this morning which was awesome! He is one of my best friends from L.I.G.H.T a show choir group that I was a part of in highschool. His talk was amazing! He is going to make such an amazing missionary in Mexico! I told him that he was fulfilling my dream. let me explain... Ever since I was a little girl about 8 years old I have wanted to serve a full time mission. Alongside with that my dream was to serve in Mexico, because I loved mexico and the people there.... not to mention the language!! :) He had a little acronym..
Change
C. Choice- we all have the choice to choose first if we want to change. ( 2 Nephi 2:27)
H. Humble Heart - You have to have a humble heart to change ( Mosiah 4:19) ( Helaman 12:7-8)
A. Act/ Asking - You have to ask for help to change ( Enos 1:15) Also Atonement... you can not get anywhere with out our savior and the atonement.
N. Now- you need to change now. Make the choice today. ( 2 Nephi 34:32-34) 
G. Give- give of yourself to the lord ( Mosiah 4 talks about this) 
E. Endure - If you really want to change you need to endure to the end and never give up! ( 1st Nephi 13:37) ( Doctrine and Covenants 101:5)


" The lord puts us through trials, because he knows what we can become and he wants to make something of us"


I am so grateful for missionaries going to serve the lord and teach his people! 


After this I went to my own singles ward, which was awesome! We always have such amazing speakers and lessons. President Riggs spoke today, he is such an amazing speaker! 
Then came home and went to Caleb Allreds open house.
Were so proud of you Elder Caleb Allred! 


After that we went to my Grandpa and Grandma Grays house! We celebrated my little brother Kyles 16th birthday! :) our grandpa had fun showing us his WHITE/ hairless legs! 
Gotta love my family <3


Birthday Celebration :)

Grandpa and his WHITE legs haha

No comments:

Post a Comment