flower backgroud

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Temple!!


So....today after my dance class I wanted to go to the temple to go and do initiatorys before I went to my next class which was geology. So I made it over to the temple. I decided to sit outside and read my scriptures for a while outside while enjoying the sweet spirit of the temple and people watch. I became immediately overwhelmed when I saw a whole {army it looked like} of missionaries walking up in their black suits towards the temple. To think that in less than 2 short months that was going to be me! Only in a dress of course :)
*******

After I was finished I decided to finally go inside. {after all it was freezing}. So I checked in and proceeded to go and do initiatory's. They then informed me that there was about a 45 minute wait.... I was now no longer able to do this, because I had class in 45 minutes and would miss my class. I then asked if I could go to the celestial room, however they told me that I had to do an ordinance first. So I did not want to leave the temple just yet so I went and sat in the waiting area and pulled out my scriptures out to start reading again.

Right as I began reading my scriptures I looked up only to see Sister Clare Vaterlaus herself! 
AHhhh I jumped up with joy and said, "Sister Vaterlaus"! We both embraced each other in the tightest hug ever! I thought I was going to pop with joy,excitement,happiness ...etc. We both began crying with joy. We embraced as we said to ourselves that we could not believe it! I can not explain to you how HAPPY and full of Joy that I had at that moment. 
{ I can only imagine how a mother feels to embrace her son after serving an honorable 2 year mission is like, I imagine something a little like that x 10} 

I then asked if we could go and take a picture outside, since her session had not started yet and I was just leaving. She then asked her companions and they watched as we both walked outside to take a picture. The lady that took her picture looked a little puzzled as I did not have a missionary name tag on. Sister Vaterlaus said, " I saw my BEST friend I had to take a picture with her" haha love her! 

We then embraced once more with parting words I love you! Man I love that girl. 


Dear Sister Vaterlaus,
You are making such an incredible missionary! I look up to you so much. New York is so lucky to have you as a missionary. I will be joining you in wearing that black name tag real soon... and I CANT WAIT!!
Love you,
Kait {Soon to be Sister Gray} 

1 comment:

  1. Are you two going to be in the same mission?! That's so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete