flower backgroud

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Everything Falling into Place.

 Groceries 
 New Friends :) 
 Warm Winter Attire :)
And I even got Family here :)
Having had my mom with me this entire week :) 


Having another familiar face here. I guess its like having Chelsea here....Kinda, but not really... okay you know what I mean :)
I even got a life long Friend Melanie! Who happens to be in my ward, AND live around the Corner from me.
*****

I cant help but notice and be thankful for all of my tender mercies. I have seriously been so blessed. We talked about tender mercies in Church on Sunday. We talked about how they do not have to be super big, but a lot of the times they are those little things in life that just simply seem to go right. I quickly made a list in my spiritual journal and could't help but smile when I really thought about how truly blessed I am. Here are a few..

  • The fact that I made it to check in fifteen minutes before it closed for the entire weekend.
  • My mom finding my registration for my parking pass, with only three left.
  • Finding the last body pillow and case in the entire store.
  • Having Melanie live so close.
  • Having two super close friends in one of my dance classes.
  • Getting a SUPER last minute Job interview.
  • My teacher letting me add a Spanish class.
  • Having such a sweet roommate.
  • Being able to quote a scripture verbatim for a job interview. 
  • Having my mom be able to drive me up here and help me unpack.
  • The fact that my bedding arrived at my door RIGHT when I woke up the day after I got here, so I was able to set up!
*****

Truth is.... I could really go on forever. This past week and weekend have been absolutely full of tender mercies. It is so important to be able to recognize the hand of the lord in our life. Most importantly we need to be thankful/grateful. 

"I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are available to all of us and that the Redeemer of Israel is eager to bestow such gifts upon us." ~ Elder Bednar.

The lord is so eager to pour these blessings upon us, all we have to do is ask and to be remember where they come from and to thank him. To thank our savior Jesus Christ, for he is the reason for everything that we have in this life. Please read this talk. Elder Bednar gives an excellent talk about the Tender Mercies of the lord. What are some tender mercies that you have received? I promise you that if you take the time to write them down, that you will realize just how blessed you truly are, and you will become a much happier people, when we realize how much we do have. I am so thankful for those small but meaningful tender Mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment