flower backgroud

Sunday, April 17, 2011

All Coming to a close...change is good :)


It really hit me today that I am leaving Provo...at least for a year and a half. And it made me quite sad. However I get really happy when I think about all of the peoples lives that I will touch and be able to bring closer to Christ in the mission Field of New York New York South. BYU has been such an INCREDIBLE experience and I have NO doubt that this is EXACTLY where I am to be right now at this specific time in my life. 
My amazing roommates! I know that I was supposed to be with them this semester. I know that they were placed in my life for a reason. Especially this time in my life. I have learned so much from each of them. I am so thankful for their sweet spirits. Going to miss them.
I definitely know that I was supposed to meet these girls. They are so nice and we just clicked instantly. I am so thankful for the wonderful ward I was placed in.

Definately going to miss them.
Sometimes....we are really weird... haha
Amanda and I really did NOT want to say goodbye to each other. {even though we still have this next week} both of us started crying in relief society when we realized that it was our last Sunday together. She turned to me and said, " Kaitlin! Your'e going on a mission! I am not going to see you again." {at least not for a year and a half} Its ok I know that I will see her again. Goodbyes are just sad sometimes. 

Then we decided to take a cute picture because we really are happy for new beginnings.


"Don't be dismayed at goodbyes.  A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.  And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.  ~Richard Bach

*****

Dear Provo,
I am really going to miss you. 

I am going to miss slipping while walking to school, because I am not used to all of this white stuff on the ground.

Making new friends on the way to school, because I love just talking to everyone.

The wonderful devotionals on Tuesdays.

My family Home Evening Group.

The sweet Spirit BYU Has.

All of my dance classes.

Mission Prep by the MOST AMAZING teacher ever! ~ Brother Bott

Studying/living in the Library till midnight every night.

My ward.

My roommates

My tiny humble apartment.

Eating a peanut butter and Jelly Sandwich Everyday :) 

The opportunity I had to do BYU Lu'au

The Friends that I have made.

Hearing about at least 1 or 2 engagements in the "good minute" for relief Society.

Visiting Teaching.

Freezing in the middle of the night.

The randoms days where it was 70 and sunny to all of a sudden 20 degrees and snowing.

Hearing talks on marriage....like every Sunday.

Shopping in the Bookstore.

Coming home to seeing some mail for me on the counter.

Running to class so that I would not be late. {literally running and having everyone look at me}

My Spanish Classes

My crazy funny teachers

The fact that Spring is FINALLY here!

Late night talks with my roommate.

Dancing crazy with my roommate in our room at midnight

Well BYU Provo, you have been better than I could have ever dreamed. I am so thankful for you in this time in my life. I truly have been blessed and just want to thank my Heavenly Father for the wonderful opportunity I had to the time of my life. I have made life long friends. I have loved every minute of it here. However it is now time to move on to bigger and better things. The mission! 

I can't wait to...

Be serving the lord 24/7

Learning Spanish better than I ever have before.

Meet more life long friends

to live in New York

Helping others come unto Christ

Having companions and learning about them and how to live with different people

just having that joy and happiness of helping others along this crazy thing called life.

*****

I am excited! I love this gospel more than anything. I love my family and am so thankful for amazing parents who have taught me right. I am excited for my new journey ahead and know that wherever it takes me its going to be good. I am so thankful for the journeys/experiences that I have had in my life so far.

Life is good :) 

"Albert Schweitzer, the noted theologian and missionary physician, declared: 'I don't know what your destiny will be, but one thing I know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.'" ~ Thomas S. Monson

"Along your pathway of life you will observe that you are not the only traveler. There are others who need your help. There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save." ~ Thomas S. Monson



1 comment:

  1. Kaitlin! Hi! What an awesome surprise to find you via bloggy! When do you leave on your mission? I am VERY excited for you :]

    ReplyDelete