flower backgroud

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Getting to know our Savior is time well spent :)

"Mere 'Busyness' is not necessarily evidence of the wise use of time. There should be time for mental and spiritual development as well as relaxation: time for worship and time to express our thankfulness for our ability to work, and think,and pray, and read, and help, and dream,and laugh,and plan, and learn. The time we spend learning of our Father in heaven will bring untold blessings to us all the days of our lives."~ John Longden


If we would just take that 15 minutes out of our day to read the powerful words of the scriptures we will be blessed. We can learn more about the savior by reading of his words. We can strive to become more like him by the way that we act and treat others. When we do service unto others ( Mosiah 2:17) it is like in turn serving our savior and also becoming more like him. I am so thankful and have such a strong testimony of the organization of the church. I am so thankful for visiting teaching and visiting teachers. Visiting teaching is where we have the opportunity to visit sisters of our ward and share with them a little message about the gospel and our church. I love this gospel and all that it brings to me, such joy and happiness! I am thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the fact that I can become more and more like my Savior Jesus Christ every day! ~ Love ~ 

1 comment:

  1. You amaze me. Thanks for always being an example. i love you a LOT.

    ReplyDelete