flower backgroud

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mission Feelings....

Welp...It Arrived! Safe and sound :)
Mission feelings... man I can not believe it FINALLY came. Waiting these past two weeks has felt like an ETERNITY! But its like they say
"Good things come to those that wait". People ask me.."are you scared?" "how do you feel now that you have gotten your call?" And honestly....
I feel HAPPY!! I couldn't feel any more at peace with this decision. Any one who really knows me knows that I take forever at making decisions!! However I feel SO good about this decision. I feel a sense of Peace and a Love from my Heavenly Father knowing that I have chosen to serve him for a 18 months. 
So today I could not concentrate on ANYTHING! For all I could think about was a large envelope that I had awaiting me in the mailbox. So I went to school as usual..then I went to study in the library for 4 hours...(thats normal) and then when I could not take it anymore (and not havent eaten anything yet) I decided that I should go home and check the mail. My roomates said that they had already checked the mail.....but I wanted to double check! ha So I rushed home in the FREEZING cold. It felt like my fingers were going to fall off...and I even had gloves on for crying out loud. Anyways i then got to my apartment and grabbed the key. My roomate Christine accompanied me as we anxiously went to the mailbox :) 


********
Then the suspense... I opened the mailbox and screamed as I jumped for Joy! I could not believe that the white envelope that I had been waiting for sooo long was actually here.


I then flew back to my apartment with so much joy inside! Then I had to make a public announcement....so I resorted to the Facer! (facebook) and told everyone that I was to open it at 9 oclock!


My dear friend Sydney Sturgeon called me and told me that she could come! I was so happy, because I did not think that she would be able to make it, as she is from Layton Utah! But she came! She got here early and we were able to catch up, laugh and talk until the heard arrived :)


Then it began to hit me...I was REALLY about to open a letter from the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. And that what was on that letter was going to determine the next 18 months of my life. It was coming down to it...


Minutes past, and people began coming back in. Time got faster and faster. I had my family on Skype awaiting to hear my call. SKype kept butting off my family....so I had to reconnect them several times :) but we finally got it working.


Now its real.... It is coming. I began to shake like none other and my heart began to race. I began reading and the emotions fled. 


Sister Kaitlin Elise Gray is hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the New York New York South Mission. You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday May 18th, 2011.You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish Language!!!! ♥


I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT!!!


I never would have guessed that! As soon as I read that it was Spanish speaking ..... the tears began to flow! I have wanted my whole life to be able to serve Spanish speaking! 


I know that THIS serving a mission is EXACTLY what I need to be doing in my life RIGHT now! I know that I will be blessed. Just as it said in my call, that I will be blessed with more joy and happiness than I have yet experienced. 


I know that there are peoples lives that I will be able to touch. I know that serving at this time in my life is the best! 


I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me so dearly. He knows me better than I know myself. I know that Joseph Smith was a true prophet who restored this church upon the face of this earth. I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of us and that he answers prayers. I know that we can strive everyday to become more and more like our savior Jesus Christ. I know that this is the only true church. I know that my family can be together forever.I know that God lives.


******


May 18th 2011, I am anxiously awaiting your arrival :) 


Thank you to all who have showed your love and support on my new adventure I am about to take in life! 

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! If you have any questions about what to expect/ bring/ or just want to talk about it Lindsey and our other room mate Kaitlyn Served New York New York North together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitlin,
    I'm so happy for you! I watched the video of you opening your call 3 times (first alone, then showing my mom, then showing my siblings...) and could not keep from tearing up each time. You will be so awesome. I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete